Why Fin Fun?
At Mertopia Aqua Academy we take safety as our number one priority and ONLY use and allow the use of the Fin Fun brand of tail and monofin in our classes.
- Breathable fabrics won’t trap air
- Open ends for easy access to feet
- Quick kick-off & swim out design
- No straps, zippers or velcro- means feet come out easily
- Neutrally buoyant- tails will not weigh you down
Please take a moment to watch the video about the Quick Release Method below
6 Essential Swimming Skills
At Mertopia Aqua Academy we take safety as our number one priority and an assessment of swimming ability is conducted prior to using the monofin and tail which swimmers need to pass.
This includes passing the 6 Essential Swimming Skills:
- Float on back
- Float on front
- Rolling front to back
- Treading water for 2 minutes with sculling
- Swim freestyle for 25 metres
- Swim dolphin kick for 25 metres
Check out our quick video below about how to be Safe in a Mermaid Tail
Fully Qualified Swimming Instructors
All of our swimming instructors are:
- AUSTSWIM certified
- Have a current CPR Certificate
- All of the relevant DCSI clearances
This ensures that you and/or your child will be provided with the very best quality experience!